1. Creativity is the natural order of life. Life is energy: pure creative energy.
2. There is an underlying, in-dwelling creative force infusing all of life—including ourselves.
3. When we open ourselves to our creativity, we open ourselves to the creator’s creativity within us and our lives.
4. We are, ourselves, creations. And we, in turn, are meant to continue creativity by being creative ourselves.
5. Creativity is God’s gift to us. Using our creativity is our gift back to God.
6. The refusal to be creative is self-will and is counter to our true nature.
7. When we open ourselves to exploring our creativity, we open ourselves to God: good orderly direction.
8. As we open our creative channel to the creator, many gentle but powerful canes are to be expected.
9. It is safe to open ourselves up to greater and greater creativity.
10. Our creative dreams and yearnings come from a divine source. As we move toward our dreams, we move toward our divinity.
—The Artist’s Way by Julia Cameron (via burrrgerqueen)
Unexpressed emotions will never die. They are buried alive and they will come forth, later, in uglier ways.
—Sigmund Freud (via onlinecounsellingcollege)
"Our fundamental self is not something just inside the skin. It’s everything around us with which we connect." - Alan Watts
I was within and without. Simultaneously enchanted and repelled by the inexhaustible variety of life.
—F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby (via quotes-shape-us)
Much unhappiness has come into the world because of bewilderment and things left unsaid.
—Albert Camus (via quotes-shape-us)